You could say that I’m obsessed with Apple Cider Vinegar, it’s very fascinating to me that such a simple product can have so many benefits. Here’s a follow up to my first post about ACV which focused mostly on the internal health benefits. This post will cover a more broad range of benefits.
– Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining a proper pH level for a healthy alkaline state.
– Gargling ACV helps remove stains, whiten teeth and kill bacteria in your mouth and gums.
– Sipping vinegar water can help soothe tummy troubles. Its antibacterial properties can help clear up bacterial infections.
– A tsp of ACV can cure hiccups.
– Vinegar water with a little honey can help prevent nighttime leg cramps.
– An elixir with ACV can boost your immune system and ward off a cold (see homemade elixir recipe). It can also ease symptoms after you have a cold.
– Helps remove build up on hair from styling products. Leaves hair strong and shiny. Mix 1/3 cup of ACV with 4 cups of water and pour over hair after shampooing. Leave on for a few seconds and rinse with cold water.
– Acne treatment – one part ACV to three parts water. Apply solution to your face and leave it there for 10 minutes. Rinse. This can be repeated up to three times a day.
*Homemade Elixir Recipe*
This is a great immunity booster to ward off a cold and it works after you have a cold to clear up your symptoms. Research the health benefits for each ingredient. It will blow you away!
* 1 tbls organic ACV
* 1 tbls raw/local honey
* 1 tbls water
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Dissolve spices in vinegar and water. Stir in honey. Mix well. Take 1 tbls daily for immunity booster or take 1 tbls three times a day to ease cold symptoms. I do not suggest giving this to children, for adults only! Leave in a air tight container at room temp. for 3-4 days.