I’m sleep deprived and caring for a very sick baby today. He’s got a virus with many sores in his mouth (very painful) he’s finally sleeping and while I’m still wired from how much coffee I drank today, I thought I’d blog about the one thing that got us all a little sleep last night…..honey. Honey is like ACV in its antibacterial and healing qualities. Here are my favorite benefits for honey, starting with what gave my son some relief last night.
– Honey soothes burns, sores and wounds
– Honey has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal qualities that help heal
– Local honey can aid in reducing allergies
– Soothes sore throats and reduces coughs
– Honey is moisturizing and gentle on skin. Natural acne treatment
– Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
– Natural sweetner that gives your body powerful antioxidants
– A tbls of honey will give you an energy boost
– Probiotic, promotes healthy digestion
– Regulates blood sugar and blood pressure
I know there are many more benefits to honey, but my tired brain has used up all of its energy today. There’s sure to be a follow up post with more honey benefits, but until then share the ones you know with me here!
*Honey is not safe for children under 1 year of age*