A dear friend sent me this list of 75 Happiness Quote To Live By and I absolutely love and agree with each and every one of them. This was too inspiring not to share. Not to mention, everyone can use a good reminder of some, if not all of these. It’s never too late to live your “happily ever after”. Your happiness starts with YOU! Don’t let others bring you down. 2013 is the start of the happiest year of my life because I have listened to so much of this advice and starting living the life I want to live. Don’t let others bring you down, don’t let jealousy interfere with your happiness, don’t let anything hold you back. Remove the “clutter” from your life and be happy, be yourself and be free from hurt!
- Smile every chance you get. Not because life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as you had anticipated, but because you choose to be happy and grateful for all the good things you do have and all the problems you know you don’t have.
- Never let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.
- Tell the negativity committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.
- A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.
- In a world where you can be anything you want, BE YOURSELF.
- The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.
- It’s important to make someone happy, and it’s important to start with yourself.
- Life is not about making others happy. Life is about sharing your happiness with others.
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design into the present.
- If you settle for just anything, you’ll never know what you’re truly worthy of.
- Sometimes life gives you two options: losing yourself or losing someone else. Regardless of the situation, don’t lose yourself.
- If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, you do have a pretty big problem.
- Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
- Don’t worry too much about people who don’t worry about you.
- Know your worth! When you give yourself to someone who doesn’t respect you, you surrender pieces of your soul that you’ll never get back.
- Sometimes you’ve got to emotionally let go of the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pains they bring you, and open the next chapter in your life.
- If you want to get over a problem, stop mulling it over and talking about it. Your mind affects your mouth, and your mouth affects your mind. It’s nearly impossible to move beyond something when you’re obsessing over it.
- If it is detrimental to you emotionally, physically and spiritually, what choice do you have but to let go and flourish with self-respect.
- Saying goodbye is one of the most painful ways to solve a problem. But sometimes it’s necessary.
- Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
- Stop looking at what you have lost, so you can see what you have.
- Someone else is happy with far less than what you have.
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems.
- Sometimes people throw away something good for something better, only to find out later that good was actually good enough and better never even came close.
- In life, you get what you put in. Everything comes back around.
- You can never change the past nor control the future, but you can change the mood of the day by touching someone’s heart with your smile.
- The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
- Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- It’s nice to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s also important to make sure you haven’t lost track of the things that money can’t buy.
- You don’t need a lot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold.
- You will never fully believe in yourself if you keep comparing yourself to everyone else. Instead, compare yourself to who you were yesterday.
- You won’t always be punished FOR your anger, but you will always be punished BY your anger.
- Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust what you feel.
- One of the greatest freedoms is truly not caring what everyone else thinks of you.
- As long as you are worried about what others think of you, you are owned by them. Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself.
- Don’t let anyone walk through your mind with their dirty feet.
- It hurts the most when you start pretending it doesn’t.
- You are responsible for how you feel no matter what someone does to you. Remember, you are always in control of your thoughts so choose to feel confident and adequate rather than angry and insecure.
- Being kind to yourself in thoughts, words and actions is as important as being kind to others.
- Death is not the greatest loss in life; the greatest loss is what dies inside while you’re still alive.
- Only when we begin to be awake do we realize just how asleep we have been.
- You are always free to do something that makes you smile.
- You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your life’s story for you.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Oftentimes you will lose something good, and then gain something even better.
- Worry is a massive waste of time and energy. It doesn’t change anything. All it does is steal your joy and hinder your ability to make positive changes.
- If you want to be happy and bright, let go of your need to always be right.
- In life, you usually get what you ask for and it rarely comes in the package you think it’s supposed to come in.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
- Life does NOT have to be perfect to be wonderful.
- You look the best when you wear your smile. There is no beauty like the one that comes from inside you.
- Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.
- The time spent on hating is the time lost for living a peaceful, happy life. It is a habit that controls what you see, what you say, what you do, and ultimately what you become.
- Sometimes you need to be alone to reflect on life. Take time out to take care of yourself. You deserve it.
- The good things we build end up building us.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
- The difference between who you are and who you want to be, is what you do.
- If you want your life to change, your choices and actions must change. Every day brings a chance to start over.
- Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who pursue the goals and dreams they believe in.
- Don’t make a decision based solely on popularity. Just because other people are doing it doesn’t mean it’s the best choice for you.
- Following all the rules leaves a completed checklist. Following your heart achieves a completed you.
- Knowing yourself is one thing, but truly believing and living as yourself is another. With so much social conditioning in our society, we sometimes forget who we are. Don’t lose yourself out there.
- Of all the things that can be stolen from you – your possessions, your youth, your health, your words, your rights – what no one can ever take from you is your freedom to choose what you will believe in, and who and what your heart will love.
- When you find yourself cocooned in isolation and despair and cannot find your way out of the darkness, remember that this is similar to the place where caterpillars go to grow their wings.
- Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day; it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.
- When you can forgive, yourself and others, and stop the imprisonment, you’re creating the love of your life.
- What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
- Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there’s a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.
- When you try to control everything, you enjoy nothing. Sometimes you just need to relax, breathe, let go, and just live in the moment.
- Even though you cannot control everything that happens, you can control your attitude toward what happens. And in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.
- Life will never be perfect, no matter how hard you try. Even if you pour your heart and soul into it, you will never have that perfection you seek. There will always be broken hearts, there will always be days where nothing goes right. But you must accept and learn that even the most imperfect things will always be made better with love and laughter.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Satisfaction is not always the fulfillment of what you want; it is the realization of how blessed you are for what you have.
- Sometimes you just have to look back at your past and smile about how far you’ve come.
- Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.
- It’s not that everything will be easy or exactly as you had expected, but you must just choose to be grateful for all that you have, and happy that you got a chance to live this life, no matter how it turns out.
Have you ever made a “dump cake”? Me neither, until today. I needed a quick dessert for a luncheon at work today and I came across a recipe from The Pioneer Woman that inspired my recipe. You literally “dump” the ingredients and then bake. It couldn’t be any easier and it’s so delicious! Not to mention CHEAP! This will be my new pot luck dessert, feeds a crowd for around $5.00!
What you need;
21 oz can of strawberry pie filling
21 oz can crushed pineapple
1 box of white cake mix
1 stick of butter
How to make;
Dump strawberry & pineapple into a 9×13 pan.
Pour cake mix over the top evenly and top with slices of butter.
Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. It’s like a cobbler consistency and so so good!
This is my favorite summer salad, it’s so easy, fresh, cheap & delicious! The longer it sits, the better it gets! You could add feta or mozzarella cheese, bell pepper, a variety of tomatoes or really anything you like. Double it or make a single serving with leftover veggies, the important thing to remember is it’s equal parts sugar, vinegar & oil.
Summer Cucumber & Tomato Salad
What you need;
1 large cucumber
2 medium tomatoes
1 small red onion
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup veg. oil
1/2 tsp black pepper
How to make;
Pour sugar into a bowl, add vinegar and stir. Whisk in oil & add pepper. Chop the cucumber (with or without skin) into about 1 inch chunks. Dice the tomato about the same size. Slice the onion into strips. Mix veggies with wet mixture until coated. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. The longer it sits the better it gets!
For those of you who don’t know already, I’m expecting my second child. This being my second pregnancy, and a very different pregnancy I might add, I thought a funny, but informative post about the things you aren’t told about pregnancy was appropriate given my situation. Maybe all of these things will happen to you, maybe none of them will, but no one warned me about most of these things. No one wants to talk about the uncomfortable, disgusting and funny things that can happen during pregnancy. Hopefully you laugh, relate or learn something from this post…..if you aren’t interested in any of this, well then don’t read it 😉
25 Things They Don’t Tell You About Pregnancy
- Every pregnancy is different – My first pregnancy was a breeze, no nausea, no major issues, no worries…..this time around, much different!
- Morning Sickness is not only in the morning…..it can last ALL day or hit ANYTIME of the day! It can be triggered by anything!
- Your boobs swell up like water balloons and are sore and achy! If you ever considered a boob job, you will have a good idea of what one will look like on you while you are pregnant! They may also leak…boy was I surprised when my Pam Anderson’s sprug a leak during my first pregnancy! I started wearing nursing pads everyday just to be safe and it happened many more times before I delivered.
- You may have cramping & bleeding, this is said to be normal, however never hesitate to call your doctor with concerns.
- You will get constipated.
- You will pee ALOT!
- You will be thirsty…..and hungry…..listen to your body and give it what it wants.
- You will be moody, hormones are raging and your husband better watch out!
- You will be emotional….screaming and crying like a raging psycho one minute and begging to be held and told you are pretty the next minute.
- You will get cravings – I almost took a man out in Shop N Save for the last maple doughnut during my first pregnancy. Right now I’m craving a certain Philly Cheesesteak sandwich….who wants to get me one before I get moody??
- Your sex drive diminishes while you are early pregnant and still feeling sort of sexy and returns when you feel like a beached whale.
- Your back will ache, your hips will ache, your whole body may ache.
- You will be gassy, if you’ve never passed gas in front of someone before, it’s likely to happen while you are pregnant.
- You will get heartburn, not just a little either, it’s more like fire breathing dragon heartburn.
- You are tired. Even after a good nights sleep, that little peanut will zap all of your energy.
- You will have weird, vivid dreams. Fifty Shades Of Grey may come to life…in your dreams!
- You will probably pee when you laugh, sneeze or cough – especially if this is your second pregnancy.
- You may get hairy…..or you may loose hair or your hair may stop growing.
- You will get sharp, shooting pains in your vagina.
- You will gain weight.
- You will probably get stretch marks.
- Your skin may change color in certain area’s and you may develop a pregnancy line down the middle of your belly.
- People will want to touch your belly….strangers included. It’s totally ok to tell people it’s not ok to touch you.
- Your brain turns to mush and your memory is gone.
- You get hot and sweaty and you will most likey swell and when you couldn’t feel even more disgusting, you will drop some of that ice cream cone you’re devouring on your eight month pregnant belly and it will either make you mad or sad or both and God help any poor soul who is near you!
Then after all this you give birth to your precious angel and you forget about these things until you’re pregnant again and all of it comes flooding back to you. So who can relate? What weird or funny things happened to you? Do share, us mom’s can always use a good (relatable) laugh! 🙂
Oh and you start showing much sooner with your second pregnancy….here I am at 8 weeks. I was this size at 15 weeks with my first….
During the summer months, I prefer to make dinner on the grill. I’d rather not heat up my kitchen making a heavy meal and after being inside at work all day, I like to relax on my shaded patio and watch my son play in the yard. Yesterday felt like summer here and that inspired me to break out my kabob skewers a little early. Kabobs can be anything you’d like them to be….all meat, all veggies, combo of meat and veggies…..heck, add some fruit in there too! Grilled pineapple and peaches are to die for! I used what I had at home already, but as I was making the kabobs, I realized that they are a $10.00 (or less) dinner. Now this will depend on what meat and veggies you are using, but to make kabobs cost-effective, buy the meat that’s on sale that week. Try chicken, beef, pork, shrimp, salmon or sausage kabobs. Then buy veggies you like or that are in season so they are lower in cost. I usually marinate my meat in a zesty italian dressing overnight, but I decided to make these last minute, so I made sausage kabobs with bratwurst and peppers, onion and zucchini. These can be a meal themselves, but I like more variety so I added a small side salad. Oh and kabobs are LOW CARB! Here’s how I made them…..
What you need;
- 4 sausage (use brats, polish kielbasa, smoked sausage, whatever you like) Cost varies, but this will be your most expensive ingredient. I’d say around $5.00
- 1 red pepper, 1 yellow pepper – $1.00 each
- 2 medium zucchini – $1.50
- 1 medium yellow onion – $0.50
How to make;
Cut the veggies into about 1 inch pieces, cut the sausage into about 2 inch pieces and thread each piece of meat and veggies onto a skewer (I use metal, if you use wood, soak in water for a few hours before using so they don’t burn). Use a repetitive pattern, this amount made 8 skewers for me with 2 pieces of each ingredient on each skewer. I drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and they are ready to hit the grill. About 10 minutes on each side over a low flame until the sausage is cooked through and the veggies and soft and lightly charred. Serve with a side salad or enjoy by themselves, they are a meal on a stick!
I love Chicken Cordon Bleu, in fact it was served at my wedding, but I don’t enjoy making it. I took all of the flavors and came up with Chicken Cordon Bleu on a bun! I actually make this with ground turkey instead of ground chicken because I like the flavor and texture of ground turkey better. Make this low carb by leaving out the bun and wrapping it in lettuce.
Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers
What you need;
1 lb ground chicken or turkey
4 slices of canadian bacon
4 slices of swiss cheese
4 hamburger buns
1 tsp steak seasoning
1 tsp paprika
1/4 cup mayo
1 tbls dijon mustard
1 tbls honey
4 lettuce leaves
How to make;
Mix ground meat with steak seasoning & paprika and form into 4 patties. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side. Mix mayo, dijon mustard & honey together to make special sauce. During the last minute of cooking, put a piece of canadian bacon and swiss cheese on the top of each burger. Assemble the burger with special sauce on each side of the bun, lettuce on the bottom & the burger on top.
If we are grilling, I like to have a side I can make on the grill & my hubby likes these potatoes.
What you need;
6 red potatoes
1/4 of an onion
1/4 of a green pepper
1 tbls olive oil
Salt & Pepper
How to make;
Wash potatoes & microwave for about 4-5 minutes to get the inside cooking so there wont be any raw pieces after you grill. Cut potatoes into wedges. Cut onion & pepper into strips. Season with salt & pepper, toss with olive oil. Lay a large piece of foil out and lay potatoes out in an even layer. Cover with another piece of foil & fold up all of the edges to make a foil packet. Grill along side your burgers for about 10-15 minutes.
Have you missed me? It’s been awhile since I’ve blogged and I’ve missed it. I’ll spare you the details but after being sick for nearly two weeks with many different symptoms, I’m back to feeling like me! I’ve still been thinking of ideas and I thought some of you would enjoy a “10.00 dinner” post with recipes. I hope to post these meals once a week. They will be easy, delicious & cost $10.00 or less for the whole meal which will always feed at least 4 people. My first dinner is actually my hubby’s recipe for Easy Enchiladas. This was his go to bachelor recipe and its been a favorite in our family. I have my own enchilada recipe that I make when I have time, but this one is a great option when you are on a budget and short on time!
Jake’s Easy Enchiladas
What you need;
1 package of frozen burritos, any flavor you like (around $3.00)
1 can of cream of mushroom soup (around $1.00)
1 can of mild enchilada sauce (around $1.00)
1 cup of mild salsa (around $1.00)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (around $1.00)
How to make;
Lay burritos in an even layer in a casserole dish. Mix cream of mushroom soup, enchilada sauce & salsa together, pour mixture over burritos. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Add cheese to the top and bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted & bubbly.
We like to serve our enchiladas with refried beans (around $1.50). There is a wide variety of refried beans available, find a brand you like. You could also add a green salad or I enjoy this mexi-corn recipe which can also use up leftover veggies.
1 can of corn (around $1.00) cooked by the directions on the can. I usually have these veggies on hand so it doesn’t cost any extra for me to add these in, use what you have. I add in about 2 tbls of each of these; diced green pepper, red onion & cilantro. If you have lime, add a squeeze of lime and I really like cumin so I add 1/4 tsp of cumin.
This meal which feeds 4+ with 2 sides, costs less than $10.00 and will take you about 30 minutes to make.
For my low carb followers, I promise to make some of the $10.00 meals low carb too & I also promise you’ll never have to use any coupons to make these meals at the $10.00 price….however if you do use coupons, your cost will be even lower!