WOW……It’s hard to believe it’s been 2 years since I decided to share my thoughts and ideas with the world! What an amazing two years it has been. I started this blog as an outlet to share my ideas and give myself a hobby. At the time I was a working mom and wife, I had a great job, a great family and an amazing little boy, but I felt like I had lost myself. I didn’t have as much time for me and I was longing for a new hobby. I frequently visited other blogs for ideas, recipes and inspiration and I decided to share my thoughts and ideas with the world and give my husband a break from listening to it all. Little did I know that this blog would become so much more than a “hobby”. During the past 2 years I have grown as a person, added a beautiful baby girl to our family, become more confident in myself, started a new business and accomplished some big goals. I’m still a working mom and wife, but I feel fulfilled because this outlet has given me what I was missing, something for me. This outlet has given me confidence. This outlet has taken me out of my comfort zone. This outlet has turned into a passion. This outlet has given me so much more than I ever expected and I’m so thankful for all of you who consider me worthy of following. I hope I have helped you in some way, with inspiration, an idea, a new recipe, a tip or just being able to relate to another mom who’s doing her very best everyday while trying not to loose herself. I was so nervous when I shared this blog with my family and friends two years ago, but I was blown away by the support I received and the support has just kept on growing. Thanks to all of you for the support and thanks for the encouragement, I appreciate every comment and every share. I look forward to the next year in blogging and I love hearing from all of you. Do you have something you want me to try, something you want me to share, a great product that you think I should feature? I’d love to hear about it!
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2014 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
The Louvre Museum has 8.5 million visitors per year. This blog was viewed about 140,000 times in 2014. If it were an exhibit at the Louvre Museum, it would take about 6 days for that many people to see it.
Click here to see the complete report.
Hi Guys & Gals! The blog is approaching it’s two year anniversary! I can’t believe it! I still remember the butterflies I had writing my first post and now this blog is a part of my daily routine. I love sharing with all of you and I’m thankful for all of my followers.
I’m so close to 200,000 views and I would love to reach that by January 22nd, my two year anniversary. Help me out and if I reach my goal, as a thank you, you will be entered into a drawing for a FREE pair of Rodan + Fields Acute Care!!!!! This product was just released on Jan. 5th and it’s already been named the #1 product BETTER than Botox by totalbeauty.com.
Who wouldn’t want to fill a wrinkle while they sleep – no appointment required! Check out these AMAZING before and after photos! A patch with patented liquid cones filled with hyalaronic acid and peptides melt into wrinkles while you sleep, filling the wrinkle and leaving you with smooth, more youthful looking skin!
Want to know more about Acute Care? Contact me for details or visit my website – http://kelseydavies.myrandf.com to learn more.
So how do you get entered to win? Sign up to follow my blog via email and you’re automatically entered! Want to earn another entry? Share this post on Facebook AND comment below that you shared this post so I can keep track. If you share but don’t comment here, it won’t count. Share, Share, Share and help me get to 200,000 views!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Who else can’t believe it’s 2015? The years keep flying by faster and faster, but that’s because they have been so much fun! I wanted to thank all of my followers for their support. I would love to hear what you want to see on the blog this year! What were your favorite posts? I wish everyone a happy, healthy, successful, fun and prosperous year!
My motto this year is this……
I’m turning my doubt into determination, my stress into success, my worry into will power, my can not into can and will, my negative thoughts into faith and prayer, and my dreams into reality.
2015 will be what you make it, so strive to make it the best year of your life!
I’m having a very emotional mommy day today, my daughter is 9 months old today, my son starts pre-school later this month and our dog, who was my first baby turned 8 on Monday. I’ve been doing a lot of reflecting and reminiscing these last few days and I came across two pictures of my children when they were new babies that brought me so much joy and made me think about how meaningful these pictures really are. It’s the little things in life that mean so much. Seeing my tiny children in my hands inspired this post and I hope all of my parent friends can relate. These hands, these hands that are typing this blog post, these hands that work harder than any other part of my body, these hands that I take for granted every day are actually one of my most valuable tools. My hands are small with long skinny fingers that end in usually un-manicured nails. I don’t spend money on expensive soaps and moisturizers anymore so they are usually dry. My hands are strong, they have endured many things, but to my children they are gentle, a comfort, a soft place to land. I’ll never be a hand model, but these hands are mine and I love them for all that they can do!
Read the rest of this entry
*Winner has been notified. Thanks to everyone who helped me reach 100K*
Alright guys & gals, I’m just 1,000 views away from hitting an all time 100K total views. I said I would do a giveaway when my blog hits 100K so here goes…..
One lucky winner will be drawn for a $25.00 AMAZON GIFT CARD!!!!
To be entered to win, all you have to do is register your email to follow my blog. This can be found on the home page. Simply register your email address and confirm the registration by opening the email you are sent and following the steps. Then you will be entered for the drawing and you will get emails every time I post on the blog.
Those of you who already follow the blog and are registered via email, you are set! Thank you for following!
Read the rest of this entry
As I reflect on today and what a wonderful Mother’s Day I had, I realized that my next blog post would be #100! I wanted #100 to be a special post, so I decided to blog about what Mother’s Day means to me…….
Mother’s Day to me means a day where I’m celebrated, appreciated, loved and shown how much I mean to my kids and husband. Mother’s Day to me is not just a Sunday in May, it’s every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Every day is Mother’s Day because I was blessed with the gift of two children and they show me every day how much I’m appreciated, loved and how much I mean to them. It’s in the “thank you” from my son for helping him with something, making him a meal or giving him a surprise. It’s in the “I love you’s” he tells me randomly throughout the day. It’s in the hugs and kisses. It’s in the smiles. It’s in the comfort I know I give my infant daughter. It’s in the happiness. It’s in the sadness when I’m soothing my children. It’s in the way my daughter looks at me when she finds me in a room. It’s in the things my son does for me to help me. It’s in the wave goodbye and the welcome home hug. It’s in every part of my day. Sure, not every minute of every day is full of flowers and candy and celebrating, but every minute of every day is full of love. Mother’s Day should be every day for every Mom. The gift of my two children will supersede any other gift I’m ever given. Motherhood in itself is a gift. I’m very thankful for my momma who taught me how to be a wonderful mom. All my aunts who were like second mom’s to me, and my mother in law who raised the man of my dreams.
Read the rest of this entry
Happy New Year! What a great year 2013 was for me and my family……I started this blog with little expectation, but with a lot of courage. Everyday I’m amazed at how much love, encouragement and support I receive towards my blog and I’m so glad so many people are enjoying it. I also started a new hobby making scarves and it’s turned into a successful side business. My husband turned the big 3-0, and we celebrated in Florida with our best friends. Our son turned 2, and has grown so much in 10 months…..he continues to amaze us everyday. I turned 27, and although it wasn’t a milestone birthday, I felt very happy and fortunate to be healthy and celebrating another year older and wiser. We had many great mini vacations as a family and enjoyed watching our first garden flourish and grow this summer. We welcomed our beautiful baby girl, Maci in November and she is the perfect addition to complete our family. 2013 was also full of challenges and some disappointments, but the good ALWAYS outweighs the bad! As we start 2014, I have a positive outlook, a happy heart & a peaceful soul. I know 2014 will be a great year for our family, and I’m looking forward to all the blessings, challenges and opportunities it may bring!
I greatly appreciate all of my blog followers and I want you to know there will be more tutorials, recipes, tips and DIY posts coming soon! I have been enjoying my maternity leave home with my children and I appreciate your support while I take a brief hiatus. Many good thing to come though in 2014!
My mom gave me this idea to start a jar full of memories in 2014. I’m going to write down any memorable events, moments or important things I want to remember in 2014 and put them in a mason jar. On Dec. 31, 2014 I will open the jar and read all of the great things that happened. What a great way to reflect on the year!
Also we are starting the 52 Week Money Challenge again (see my post from last year). Instead of weekly, which is hard to remember, you can figure out the average and make monthly deposits. That’s what we plan on doing and I set up auto transfers from our checking to our savings account so I don’t have to think about it every month. Other options are figuring out the average weekly amount so it’s the same amount every week or starting with week 52 and going backwards so you don’t have the higher deposits during the holidays. What will you do with your savings next year?
I wish you all a great 2014, and thank you for your support!
If you’re wondering where my inspiration comes from then you should follow me on Pinterest! I do come up with a lot of my own idea’s, but Pinterest really fuels my creativity fire. I don’t blog about everything I cook, craft or try but I do put a lot of that on my Pinterest board “Things I’ve Tried”. Only the really blog worthy things make the blog, but there are other good recipes, tips and crafty ideas on my Pinterest boards.
Follow me here……..http://pinterest.com/kelseydavies/boards/
Then find out what I thought about our dinner from last night that came straight from Pinterest on my “Things I’ve Tried” board.
Weeknight Crockpot Ravioli……hit or miss?!
A dear friend sent me this list of 75 Happiness Quote To Live By and I absolutely love and agree with each and every one of them. This was too inspiring not to share. Not to mention, everyone can use a good reminder of some, if not all of these. It’s never too late to live your “happily ever after”. Your happiness starts with YOU! Don’t let others bring you down. 2013 is the start of the happiest year of my life because I have listened to so much of this advice and starting living the life I want to live. Don’t let others bring you down, don’t let jealousy interfere with your happiness, don’t let anything hold you back. Remove the “clutter” from your life and be happy, be yourself and be free from hurt!
- Smile every chance you get. Not because life has been easy, perfect, or exactly as you had anticipated, but because you choose to be happy and grateful for all the good things you do have and all the problems you know you don’t have.
- Never let a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life.
- Tell the negativity committee that meets inside your head to sit down and shut up.
- A bad attitude is like a flat tire, you can’t get very far until you change it.
- In a world where you can be anything you want, BE YOURSELF.
- The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them.
- It’s important to make someone happy, and it’s important to start with yourself.
- Life is not about making others happy. Life is about sharing your happiness with others.
- Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design into the present.
- If you settle for just anything, you’ll never know what you’re truly worthy of.
- Sometimes life gives you two options: losing yourself or losing someone else. Regardless of the situation, don’t lose yourself.
- If your happiness depends on what somebody else does, you do have a pretty big problem.
- Whatever someone did to you in the past has no power over the present. Only you give it power.
- Don’t worry too much about people who don’t worry about you.
- Know your worth! When you give yourself to someone who doesn’t respect you, you surrender pieces of your soul that you’ll never get back.
- Sometimes you’ve got to emotionally let go of the things that once meant a lot to you, so you can move beyond the past and the pains they bring you, and open the next chapter in your life.
- If you want to get over a problem, stop mulling it over and talking about it. Your mind affects your mouth, and your mouth affects your mind. It’s nearly impossible to move beyond something when you’re obsessing over it.
- If it is detrimental to you emotionally, physically and spiritually, what choice do you have but to let go and flourish with self-respect.
- Saying goodbye is one of the most painful ways to solve a problem. But sometimes it’s necessary.
- Moving on doesn’t mean forgetting, it means you choose happiness over hurt.
- Stop looking at what you have lost, so you can see what you have.
- Someone else is happy with far less than what you have.
- Talk about your blessings more than you talk about your problems.
- Sometimes people throw away something good for something better, only to find out later that good was actually good enough and better never even came close.
- In life, you get what you put in. Everything comes back around.
- You can never change the past nor control the future, but you can change the mood of the day by touching someone’s heart with your smile.
- The happiness you feel is in direct proportion to the love you give.
- Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
- It’s nice to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s also important to make sure you haven’t lost track of the things that money can’t buy.
- You don’t need a lot of money to lead a rich life. Good friends and a loving family are worth their weight in gold.
- You will never fully believe in yourself if you keep comparing yourself to everyone else. Instead, compare yourself to who you were yesterday.
- You won’t always be punished FOR your anger, but you will always be punished BY your anger.
- Give yourself permission to immediately walk away from anything that gives you bad vibes. There is no need to explain or make sense of it. Just trust what you feel.
- One of the greatest freedoms is truly not caring what everyone else thinks of you.
- As long as you are worried about what others think of you, you are owned by them. Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself.
- Don’t let anyone walk through your mind with their dirty feet.
- It hurts the most when you start pretending it doesn’t.
- You are responsible for how you feel no matter what someone does to you. Remember, you are always in control of your thoughts so choose to feel confident and adequate rather than angry and insecure.
- Being kind to yourself in thoughts, words and actions is as important as being kind to others.
- Death is not the greatest loss in life; the greatest loss is what dies inside while you’re still alive.
- Only when we begin to be awake do we realize just how asleep we have been.
- You are always free to do something that makes you smile.
- You define your own life. Don’t let other people write your life’s story for you.
- Don’t be afraid of change. Oftentimes you will lose something good, and then gain something even better.
- Worry is a massive waste of time and energy. It doesn’t change anything. All it does is steal your joy and hinder your ability to make positive changes.
- If you want to be happy and bright, let go of your need to always be right.
- In life, you usually get what you ask for and it rarely comes in the package you think it’s supposed to come in.
- If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.
- Life does NOT have to be perfect to be wonderful.
- You look the best when you wear your smile. There is no beauty like the one that comes from inside you.
- Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness.
- The time spent on hating is the time lost for living a peaceful, happy life. It is a habit that controls what you see, what you say, what you do, and ultimately what you become.
- Sometimes you need to be alone to reflect on life. Take time out to take care of yourself. You deserve it.
- The good things we build end up building us.
- You cannot change what you refuse to confront.
- The difference between who you are and who you want to be, is what you do.
- If you want your life to change, your choices and actions must change. Every day brings a chance to start over.
- Good things don’t come to those who wait. Good things come to those who pursue the goals and dreams they believe in.
- Don’t make a decision based solely on popularity. Just because other people are doing it doesn’t mean it’s the best choice for you.
- Following all the rules leaves a completed checklist. Following your heart achieves a completed you.
- Knowing yourself is one thing, but truly believing and living as yourself is another. With so much social conditioning in our society, we sometimes forget who we are. Don’t lose yourself out there.
- Of all the things that can be stolen from you – your possessions, your youth, your health, your words, your rights – what no one can ever take from you is your freedom to choose what you will believe in, and who and what your heart will love.
- When you find yourself cocooned in isolation and despair and cannot find your way out of the darkness, remember that this is similar to the place where caterpillars go to grow their wings.
- Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day; it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.
- When you can forgive, yourself and others, and stop the imprisonment, you’re creating the love of your life.
- What you believe has more power than what you dream or wish or hope for. You become what you believe.
- Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there’s a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living.
- When you try to control everything, you enjoy nothing. Sometimes you just need to relax, breathe, let go, and just live in the moment.
- Even though you cannot control everything that happens, you can control your attitude toward what happens. And in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.
- Life will never be perfect, no matter how hard you try. Even if you pour your heart and soul into it, you will never have that perfection you seek. There will always be broken hearts, there will always be days where nothing goes right. But you must accept and learn that even the most imperfect things will always be made better with love and laughter.
- Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
- Satisfaction is not always the fulfillment of what you want; it is the realization of how blessed you are for what you have.
- Sometimes you just have to look back at your past and smile about how far you’ve come.
- Just because it didn’t last forever, doesn’t mean it wasn’t worth your while.
- It’s not that everything will be easy or exactly as you had expected, but you must just choose to be grateful for all that you have, and happy that you got a chance to live this life, no matter how it turns out.