As promised, a follow-up to my original post about honey. Another all natural miracle product that I can’t live without! Do yourself a favor and go take a tsp of honey right now!
See my original post about honey for even more health benefits!
- Honey is a natural product that heals and cures all kinds of diseases without any harmful side effects. Safe for diabetic patients when taken in the right dosage and even children like the taste of it.
- Honey & cinnamon are a lethal combination when mixed together. The combination can reduce cholesterol, relieve arthritis pains, cure a bladder infection, kick a cold to the curb, ease a stomach ache, relieve gas pains, strengthen the immune system, soothe a sore throat, cure skin infections, aid in healthy weight loss, reduce fatigue and help restore hearing.
- Honey contains flavonoids and antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Hangover cure when mixed with orange juice.
- Honey balances the 5 elements in your body which are the kidneys, liver, heart, stomach and lungs.
- Honey can promote relaxation and help you sleep. Taking a spoonful before bed can help you get a restful sleep.
- Honey increases athletic performance. The glucose found in honey combined with the natural sugars can provide a boost to athletes instead of consuming refined sugars and high fructose corn syrup.
- Honey’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce the itch and irritation of bug bites or other skin conditions.
- Honey can help relieve asthma symptoms by taking it orally or put 1/2 a cup of honey in a basin of hot water and make a towel tent over your head and breath in the honey steam.
- Honey is a laxative so it helps relieve constipation.
- Gargle in the morning with warm water, honey can fight bad breath and clean your mouth and gums, helping to prevent gum disease.
- Honey can help with impotence in men and infertility problems in women.
- Honey helps reduce fat buildup and metabolize cholesterol which will aid in weight loss. Honey contains many vitamins and minerals that the body needs when you are on a diet.
- Honey contains the following vitamins which each do so much for your body; B2, B6, B3, H, B, K and Carotene
- Honey is an alkaline food which is good for those who need to reduce the acidity in their bloodstream.
Raw, unheated, organic honey is the best for you because it contains all of the natural vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants that can be lost in filtered and heated honey that’s commonly found at your grocery store. Look for honey at your farmers market or health food store.
This information is based on research I conducted myself from various sources. Consult your doctor or perform your own research if you are unsure about adding honey to your daily routine. Honey is not safe for infants under 1 year of age.
I’m sleep deprived and caring for a very sick baby today. He’s got a virus with many sores in his mouth (very painful) he’s finally sleeping and while I’m still wired from how much coffee I drank today, I thought I’d blog about the one thing that got us all a little sleep last night…..honey. Honey is like ACV in its antibacterial and healing qualities. Here are my favorite benefits for honey, starting with what gave my son some relief last night.
– Honey soothes burns, sores and wounds
– Honey has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal qualities that help heal
– Local honey can aid in reducing allergies
– Soothes sore throats and reduces coughs
– Honey is moisturizing and gentle on skin. Natural acne treatment
– Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
– Natural sweetner that gives your body powerful antioxidants
– A tbls of honey will give you an energy boost
– Probiotic, promotes healthy digestion
– Regulates blood sugar and blood pressure
I know there are many more benefits to honey, but my tired brain has used up all of its energy today. There’s sure to be a follow up post with more honey benefits, but until then share the ones you know with me here!
*Honey is not safe for children under 1 year of age*
You could say that I’m obsessed with Apple Cider Vinegar, it’s very fascinating to me that such a simple product can have so many benefits. Here’s a follow up to my first post about ACV which focused mostly on the internal health benefits. This post will cover a more broad range of benefits.
– Rich in ash which gives ACV its alkaline property. This aids your body in maintaining a proper pH level for a healthy alkaline state.
– Gargling ACV helps remove stains, whiten teeth and kill bacteria in your mouth and gums.
– Sipping vinegar water can help soothe tummy troubles. Its antibacterial properties can help clear up bacterial infections.
– A tsp of ACV can cure hiccups.
– Vinegar water with a little honey can help prevent nighttime leg cramps.
– An elixir with ACV can boost your immune system and ward off a cold (see homemade elixir recipe). It can also ease symptoms after you have a cold.
– Helps remove build up on hair from styling products. Leaves hair strong and shiny. Mix 1/3 cup of ACV with 4 cups of water and pour over hair after shampooing. Leave on for a few seconds and rinse with cold water.
– Acne treatment – one part ACV to three parts water. Apply solution to your face and leave it there for 10 minutes. Rinse. This can be repeated up to three times a day.
*Homemade Elixir Recipe*
This is a great immunity booster to ward off a cold and it works after you have a cold to clear up your symptoms. Research the health benefits for each ingredient. It will blow you away!
* 1 tbls organic ACV
* 1 tbls raw/local honey
* 1 tbls water
* 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1/4 tsp ground ginger
* 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Dissolve spices in vinegar and water. Stir in honey. Mix well. Take 1 tbls daily for immunity booster or take 1 tbls three times a day to ease cold symptoms. I do not suggest giving this to children, for adults only! Leave in a air tight container at room temp. for 3-4 days.
If you’ve read my “Healthy Me” page, then you know that I take Apple Cider Vinegar as a daily supplement to my diet. You can take it two ways, in the form of a tablet or in liquid form. I suggest diluting it with water if you take it in liquid form. Whichever way you decide, you will be doing your body a favor. Here are my top 10 benefits to taking Apple Cider Vinegar.
- Balances the inner ecosystem
- Detoxes the body
- Helps aid in healthy weight loss
- Cures allergies, sinus infections, headaches, flu and other ailments
- Clears acne, dermatitis, warts, varicose veins and other skin problems
- Lowers high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Kills Candida and fungus, helps populate the gut with friendly microflora
- Eases arthritis, stiff joints and gout
- Strengthens stomach acid (aiding in heartburn relief)
- Lowers glucose levels
Thanks to www.naturalnews.com and www.webmd.com for the resourceful information.