As promised, a follow-up to my original post about honey. Another all natural miracle product that I can’t live without! Do yourself a favor and go take a tsp of honey right now!
See my original post about honey for even more health benefits!
- Honey is a natural product that heals and cures all kinds of diseases without any harmful side effects. Safe for diabetic patients when taken in the right dosage and even children like the taste of it.
- Honey & cinnamon are a lethal combination when mixed together. The combination can reduce cholesterol, relieve arthritis pains, cure a bladder infection, kick a cold to the curb, ease a stomach ache, relieve gas pains, strengthen the immune system, soothe a sore throat, cure skin infections, aid in healthy weight loss, reduce fatigue and help restore hearing.
- Honey contains flavonoids and antioxidants which help reduce the risk of some cancers and heart disease.
- Hangover cure when mixed with orange juice.
- Honey balances the 5 elements in your body which are the kidneys, liver, heart, stomach and lungs.
- Honey can promote relaxation and help you sleep. Taking a spoonful before bed can help you get a restful sleep.
- Honey increases athletic performance. The glucose found in honey combined with the natural sugars can provide a boost to athletes instead of consuming refined sugars and high fructose corn syrup.
- Honey’s anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce the itch and irritation of bug bites or other skin conditions.
- Honey can help relieve asthma symptoms by taking it orally or put 1/2 a cup of honey in a basin of hot water and make a towel tent over your head and breath in the honey steam.
- Honey is a laxative so it helps relieve constipation.
- Gargle in the morning with warm water, honey can fight bad breath and clean your mouth and gums, helping to prevent gum disease.
- Honey can help with impotence in men and infertility problems in women.
- Honey helps reduce fat buildup and metabolize cholesterol which will aid in weight loss. Honey contains many vitamins and minerals that the body needs when you are on a diet.
- Honey contains the following vitamins which each do so much for your body; B2, B6, B3, H, B, K and Carotene
- Honey is an alkaline food which is good for those who need to reduce the acidity in their bloodstream.
Raw, unheated, organic honey is the best for you because it contains all of the natural vitamins, minerals, enzymes and antioxidants that can be lost in filtered and heated honey that’s commonly found at your grocery store. Look for honey at your farmers market or health food store.
This information is based on research I conducted myself from various sources. Consult your doctor or perform your own research if you are unsure about adding honey to your daily routine. Honey is not safe for infants under 1 year of age.
Just another reason for me to love honey……I found this on Pinterest and wasn’t sure it would work, but I’ll try anything once. To my surprise it does work, I have big pores and blackheads on my nose that drive me nuts. I already knew honey was good for acne but honey and lemon together make a great pore cleansing team. I hate those expensive pore strips that leave my skin bright red and dry, but this combo is not only cheap, it leaves your skin soft and my pores and blackheads were noticably smaller and lighter.
What you need;
About 1/4 tsp honey
Drizzle the honey on the lemon and rub the lemon on your face emphasizing the blackhead prone areas (avoid eye area). Let the juices sit on your face for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water. Follow up with a small amount of moisturizer.
*Tip* Put the lemon down your garbage disposal to clean and deoderize it.
I’m sleep deprived and caring for a very sick baby today. He’s got a virus with many sores in his mouth (very painful) he’s finally sleeping and while I’m still wired from how much coffee I drank today, I thought I’d blog about the one thing that got us all a little sleep last night…..honey. Honey is like ACV in its antibacterial and healing qualities. Here are my favorite benefits for honey, starting with what gave my son some relief last night.
– Honey soothes burns, sores and wounds
– Honey has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal qualities that help heal
– Local honey can aid in reducing allergies
– Soothes sore throats and reduces coughs
– Honey is moisturizing and gentle on skin. Natural acne treatment
– Reduces ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders
– Natural sweetner that gives your body powerful antioxidants
– A tbls of honey will give you an energy boost
– Probiotic, promotes healthy digestion
– Regulates blood sugar and blood pressure
I know there are many more benefits to honey, but my tired brain has used up all of its energy today. There’s sure to be a follow up post with more honey benefits, but until then share the ones you know with me here!
*Honey is not safe for children under 1 year of age*
I have to give Pinterest credit for this one, but it really does work. 2 simple ingredients mixed together leave your skin feeling soft and looking younger. The nutmeg helps stimulate the healing process of the skin which aids in reducing the appearance of acne scars and creates scar prevention. The honey is a natural antibacterial and raw honey contains enzymes that can gently exfoliate the skin. The honey & nutmeg together create a wonderful, gentle exfoliating power that leaves your skin looking refreshed!
What you need;
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp honey (raw is best)
Mix the 2 ingredients together (you want it to be thick so it doesn’t drip off your face). Make sure your face is clean and dry. Spread the mixture all over your face and leave on for 30 minutes, lightly scrub before rinsing and follow-up with moisturizer.
This is a great “free” facial since most of us will have these ingredients at home.